YouCam offers five types of video effects to put the zing into everything you want to say:
- Animated 3D Avatars - Make the walls in your house echo with laughter. They're cute, they're hilarious, and they blink, yawn, and nod as you do.
- Emotion Effects - Produce creative effects on the spot. YouCam features a library of over 20 objects so you can express your feelings instantly. More effects are available for free at DirectorZone.com.
- Frame Effects - Just like a photo frame, these effects add a theme to photos or videos. Choose a style to match your conversation.
- Filter Effects -Change the tone of the conversation using popular TV-like effects.
- Distortion Effects - Recreate the fun of your own Coney Island with YouCam's range of eleven distortions. Simulating distorting mirrors, these effects instantly make you appear bigger, thinner, or just weird!
- Drawing Tools - Make video chats way more expressive by creating designs directly on your video. Select a brush or a stamp and give your buddies a good laugh by drawing on your video. Choose colors, shapes, and sizes. Instantly wipe off the stamps and drawings you don't want with the eraser tool.
2 Webcam Modes: Live Chat and Live Recording
YouCam works with leading Instant Messaging software to add so much more to the video chat experience. YouCam supports the following software:
YouCam is a very easy tool for creating display images and video clips by capturing photos and videos with your web camera. With YouCam you have your very own photo booth.
- Photo capturing- Take single "passport" shots or strike a sequence of poses with the burst shot feature. YouCam captures your photos as jpegs allowing you to import easily into other applications such as video or photo editing software.
- Video capturing - Create video cards, news reports, or your own music videos. YouCam captures video and audio using the Windows Media Video format so you can easily play or edit your clips in other video applications.
Recording Tools and Settings
- Timestamp - Automatically record the time and date you start capturing by activating the timestamp feature. Select your font and position on the screen. Works with videos and photos.
- Countdown clock - Give yourself time to pose with the 3-second countdown. Works with photo snaphots and video capturing.
- Timed Recording - Set your webcam to stop recording automatically, either after continuous recording, taking a series of snapshots, or when motion is detected. Using time-lapse recording you can set how often a new snapshot is taken.
- Effects - YouCam lets you add effects as you capture. Select an effect and then capture yourself as a photo or clip.
Sharing Your Recordings
- Publishing on YouTubeTM- What's a star without a stage? Once you've captured your video you can upload to YouTube
- directly from YouCam. Don't just keep your work to yourself, share it with everyone!
- Emailing to friends - YouCam also lets you email videos and photos directly to friends.Click on the Email button and your email software opens with your file automatically attached.
- Printing your photos - Output your captured photos directly to your printer.
Webcam Tools for Work
Share Presentations and Photos via WebCam
Display photos and presentation files instantly while you chat. Pick up a brush or stamp and draw directly on your video when you have a special point to convey.
- Quickly drag-and-drop photos or select a powerpoint (.ppt) file to show your friends or colleagues.
- Share photos and presentations using either of 3 modes - full screen mode, teacher mode, or speaker mode - to let people see more of you or more of your presentation.
- Use the playback buttons to control the flow of your show.
- Emphasize the points you want to make by writing directly on your presentation or photos.
- Choose colors and shapes to create vivid video cards, or mark a photo or presentation.
- Use drawing tools to highlight your presentation content as you chat.
- Record as you draw onto video in standalone mode.
- Office Surveillance - Keep your PC safe even when it is unattended. YouCam lets you set your recording to begin as soon as motion is detected by your webcam.